Corporate Work Visa
This is a visa issued by the Department to a corporate worker. A corporate applicant is defined as juristic person established under the laws of the Republic of South Africa or foreign country as a corporation to employ foreigners to conduct work for such applicant.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Machine readable valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- A duly completed application form DHA-1738 signed by applicant
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report on prescribed form (physical). The certificate must not be older than six (6) months at the time the applicant submits an application.
- Radiological report on prescribed form (chest X-ray) or skin TB test. Radiological report is not required in respect of children under the age of 12 years or a pregnant woman. The certificate must not be older than six (6) months at the time the applicant submits an application.
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and original police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer. The certificate shall not be older than six months at the time of its submission
- Flight itinerary
- No fee
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing (applicable only in Washington, DC)
- Notarized copy of proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card) if not U.S. citizenCertified/notarized copy of bio page of the applicant's passport
- Notarized copy of bio page of the passport
- Proof of financial means in the form of recent three (3) bank statements stamped by the bank
- All requirements if spouse and children wish to accompany applicant
- Corroborated representation demonstrating the need to employ foreign worker
- Copy of main corporate visa issued to the prospective employer
- Original Corporate Worker Authorization Certificate (fully completed)
- A valid employment contract
- A written undertaking by the corporate applicant to ensure that the foreigner departs from the Republic of South Africa upon termination of his or her contract of employment or accepting responsibility for the return or costs related to the deportation of the foreigner should it become necessary
- Proof of evaluation of foreign qualifications by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic of South Africa, or skills and experience in line with the job offer
- A certificate of registration with the professional body, council or board recognized by SAQA in terms of Section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act
Processing time is 2 – 3 weeks