General Work Visa
This is a permit issued to all foreigners with general qualifications intending to work in South Africa.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Machine readable valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report on prescribed form (physical). The certificate must not be older than six (6) months at the time the applicant submits an application.
- Radiological report on prescribed form (chest X-ray) or skin TB test. Radiological report is not required in respect of children under the age of 12 years or a pregnant woman. The certificate must not be older than six (6) months at the time the applicant submits an application.
- A duly completed application form (DHA-1738) signed by applicant
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and original police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer. The certificate shall not be older than six months at the time of its submission
- Flight itinerary
- Fees payable to the appropriate South African representative office
- Proof of U.S. legal status (green card) if not U.S. citizen
- A letter of motivation from the employer
- A letter of registration where required by law, from the relevant professional body/board/council
- Undertaking to register with the professional body, board or council in the Republic, where applicable
- Full particulars of employer and proof of registration with the Registrar of Companies
- Contract of employment signed by both applicant and employer
- Original proof of qualifications and evaluation thereof by the South African Qualifications Authority
- Translation into one official languages of all documents by a sworn translator
- Certification by Department of Labour or extract from the database of a benchmarking organisation stipulating the salary earned by employees occupying similar positions in the RSA
- Submission of the original advertisement in the national printed media
- Proof that all short-listed candidates have been interviewed
- All prescribed requirements in respect of family if spouse and children wish to accompany applicant.
- Processing time is 2 – 3 weeks