Intra-Company Transfer Work Visa
This is a permit issued to foreigners being transferred by their own Company to an affiliate company in South Africa.
Occasionally, multinational companies may decide to transfer an existing employee from a foreign branch in South Africa. These employees must apply for intra-company transfer work visas. In such cases, no proof of steps taken to obtain the services of a South African/permanent residents will be required.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Machine readable valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- Fees payable to the appropriate South African representative office
- A duly completed application form (DHA-1738) signed by applicant
- Medical report on prescribed form (physical). The certificate must not be older than six (6) months at the time the applicant submits an application.
- Radiological report on prescribed form (chest X-ray) or skin TB test. Radiological report is not required in respect of children under the age of 12 years or a pregnant woman. The certificate must not be older than six (6) months at the time the applicant submits an application.
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and original police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer. The certificate shall not be older than six months at the time of its submission
- A vaccination certificate, if required
- Proof of financial means in the form of recent three (3) bank statements stamped by the bank
- The foreigner's contract of employment with the company abroad valid for a period of not less than six month
- A letter from the company abroad confirming that the foreigner shall be transferred to a branch, subsidiary or an affiliate of that company in the Republic of South Africa
- A letter from the branch, subsidiary or an affiliate in the Republic of South Africa confirming the transfer of the foreigner and specifying the occupation and capacity in which that foreigner shall be employed
- An undertaking by the relevant employer that:
- a foreigner is only employed in the specific position for which the visa has been issued;
- the foreign employee will at all times comply with the provisions of the Act and conditions of his or her visa and undertakes to immediately notify the Director-General if the employee refuses to comply with the provisions of the Act or conditions of the visa; and
- a developed plan for the transfer of skills to a South African citizen or permanent resident
- An undertaking by the relevant employer to reimburse the Department any costs incurred in relation to the deportation of the holder of an intra-company transfer work visa and any of his or her dependent family members
- Proof of payment of the applicable fee for medical coverage
- Notarized/certified copies of marriage and birth certificate where applicable
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of visit
- The foreigner's contract of employment with the company abroad
- A letter from the international company confirming that the foreigner will be transferred to a branch/affiliated South African company
- A letter from the South African company confirming the transfer of such foreigner from the parent/affiliated company abroad, as well as specifying the occupation and capacity in which the foreigner will be employed, and that maximum duration will not exceed four years
- Attention New York Applicants: The South African Consulate General in New York will no longer accept prepaid envelope/labels from FedEx and UPS with immediate effect. Applicants are welcome to enclose only USPS self-addressed, pre-paid courier envelope for this office to facilitate return services.